Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Monday, April 9, 2012

Who Does that in America Anyway?

I saw a friend at school today. As I was sitting in the second-floor student commons, he popped out of a hallway. (By his shaggy red hair, I immediately recognized him). Since we hadn't talked in a little while, we began talking about what was going on. Much to my surprise, he told me that he had been suppressing God's calling for him to be a missionary and that he was changing all of his life plans so that he could go to a Bible college in Wyoming and be trained in the ministry. Just like that.


Now, my first thought was, Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there, Bryce. How exactly do you know this is God's will? How did He "tell you"? But that doesn't seem to matter to me anymore. This guy is dropping everything he had counted on to serve indefinitely reaching lost people with the gospel. Who does that in America anyway?


It has been said - and I told my friend this - that Satan's greatest fear is when there is a follower of Jesus Christ who doesn't know or understand everything about a situation but chooses to obey God anyway. This is exactly what Bryce is doing. He doesn't want to give up his plans and dreams. But God is telling him too. (I believe it!) And that is the greatest commitment of faith I've seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment