Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Look Into The Journal of Jon

     Well, here I go with another project in my life. Welcome to The Journal of Jon! You may be asking at this point what in the world "The Journal of Jon" is exactly. Good question. And I figure that's as good a place as any to start this blog. The Journal of Jon is the title I have given to my journal on Gmail. In August 2011 I began to look over old writings - songs, journals, and poetry - and soon became obsessed with the past. It was almost as if I was living in it. And so I desired to start a journal to create a place where I could run to reflect on what God had been doing in my life. Many times before I had tried to journal, but it never seemed to last very long. So I decided to take a different approach to journaling. Inspired by a Google Chrome commercial, I ventured to make a new Gmail account (thejournalofjon@gmail.com) in which I could compose and send journal entries to myself and store them in folders. And so it was. 
     The Journal of Jon turned into much more than just another journal. It began to hold my life. Before I knew it I was putting the most personal and sentimental items, events, entries, poems, and other ditties in my new solace. I now visit this journal at least twice a day. This blog you are now reading is a small peak into a part of The Journal of Jon. Here, if you do visit often - and oh, how I hope you do! - you will be able to see past the lies of the mask I put on when I am out and about. You will have a look into the real life of Jonathon Matthew Ross. So welcome, welcome to The Journal of Jon.

No comments:

Post a Comment