Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Seeking is Seeing

Oftentimes I have wondered why it is so easy to sin. I pray hard, I read God's word, I sing, I request, I yearn, I sin. I confess, I repent, I get back up, I sin. I have conversations, I encourage, I receive encouragement, I sin.

Why is spending time on worthless things so easy? Why is gluttony easy? What makes meditation so hard? How are we to break sinful habits?

If you've been reading me lately, you know I've been constantly harping on the idea of looking. If we wish to see anything about God, we must look at God. Look. Look! LOOK! Because Jesus said, "seek, and you will find."

Seeking is seeing.

Looking is finding.

"Beholding is becoming" (John Piper on 2 Cor. 3:18).

Being still is knowing (Ps. 46:10).

Asking is receiving;

Knocking is entering (Matt. 7:7-8).

Opening is dining (Rev. 3:20).


So open the door. Be still before God's word, and just listen. Seek God in prayer. Open the door of your heart unto the submission of Christ. Seek, and you will see; behold, and you will become; be still, and you will know; ask, and you will receive; knock, and you will enter; open, and He will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment