Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Friday, March 2, 2012

I Will Not Lose Heart

          Have you ever had "one of those days"? Well, imagine one of those days being five out of the seven days of your week and you'll know what my life is like. I'm kidding of course. But it's easy to fall into that type of thinking when life isn't going the way you want it to. Those who know me well know that I struggle with self pity. In fact, I'm so self-focused most of the time I'm not even aware of how others are really doing. As struggles continue to gnaw at me on the inside, I remain inward-focused. Why is that?
          The Sunday-school answer: "I'm a sinner." The more accurate answer: I'm a horrible sinner deserving of hell, and it is only by God's mercy that I walk this earth. It is the love, grace, and kind faithfulness of my Savior that is at work in me through every wilderness. How grateful I am. While I may not necessarily enjoy the struggle, I hold on to the perseverance and character built (Romans 5:1-5; James 1:2-4). The small difficulties of this time are producing an infinitely heavy weight of glory; I will not fear, I will not lose heart (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). 

2 comments:

  1. I think your next five days will be AWESOME! :-D Just a hunch...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I struggle with the same things, but God always makes a way of escape, and I am so grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete