Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Less Blogging, More Joy: Knowing God, Loving Friends, and Thinking of Butterflies

I couldn't even remember what font I typically write in. Yes, it has been a long time. And perhaps no one has even noticed. Perhaps not too many people read this blog. Okay, I'll be honest - very few people read this blog. This is just a place where I ramble on and on about my feelings and pretend like people hear me.


You can hear the difference, can't you? This isn't your typical Jon Ross type of blog post is it? It's not normal for me to be away from the Internet.


Yes, things have changed. One of the greatest lessons I learned while I was at CYIA was that I just need to get over myself and find the greatest joy possible in the gospel. And that is exactly what has been happening these past couple weeks. I've gotten to know people who have changed my life. I'm memorizing Scripture, reading a book that is unlike any other (and I would recommend it; it's called Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl by N.D. Wilson), laughing like I haven't in years, thinking happier thoughts than I ever thought were possible to think - and so on and so forth.


The struggles I faced last year and earlier this year were very real. But the joy I was missing is more real.


So for now -
less blogging,
more fellowship,
more Scripture,
more laughter,
more thinking about butterflies,
more ministry,
more lame jokes,
and a greater desire to know Christ and to make Him known among the nations of this lost and dying world.


Do you want something real? Stop staring at this computer screen and start reading Scripture. Share it with everyone.


God is real.

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me so happy! Praising God with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that: I don't think I've ever been so happy or praised God so much ever before, even considering the first year I was saved. =)

      Delete