Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Friday, July 27, 2012

Resolutions on Scripture, Assembly, and Prayer


I RESOLVE...

To possess by the Holy Spirit an undying love for the word of God and a daily devotion to read it and to walk accordingly. I acknowledge that no other book, philosophy, theology, or methodology has the power for life and godliness which lies in the living and active word of God, and I deny that any other wisdom or literary creation has the power to regenerate or cleanse lost souls.

To meet with brothers and sisters in Christ on a weekly basis and to encourage them day by day. I deny that technology or any other means of communication from a withdrawn location can replace the importance of meeting together, and I affirm that it is necessary for the sanctification, purity, and holiness of each believer to greet and exhort the brethren.

To pray on a daily basis, bowing my knees before the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ in repentance, adoration, thanksgiving, and supplication. I affirm that prayer is crucial in the spiritual lives of all believers; furthermore, I affirm the necessity that each disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ confess sin on a regular basis and pray constantly. I deny that prayer is solely a means by which desires are met and needs are filled or that prayer is unimportant.



27 July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment