Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Leaving for CYIA

The time has finally come for me to leave for Marion, IN for a two-week training. Once again, I will be an Advanced Summer Missionary (ASM) this year, which means I will be helping those with less experience in CEF learn their Bible club lessons and such. Honestly I'm looking forward to getting out of Evansville for a while. I didn't realize until today just how drained I was; it seems like life has been taken away from me in the past couple months.


But after all the anticipation and preparation, the time has finally come. And I am glad. I pray that God will use this training to draw me nearer to Him and that I will establish and build strong, lasting relationships with the believers there.


Let Christ be glorified.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time, Jon! It is going to be a wonderful experience. I'm praying that the training will strengthen you all.

    In Christ,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I just got back from CYIA camp last week! I went to a camp in Wisconsin. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, neat! I've always been curious as to what goes on in CEF in other states. All I've known thus far is CEF of Indiana.

    Where does the training in Wisconsin take place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Westfield, at Camp Fairwood. It's probably all pretty much the same material. The wordless book is; gold, dark, red, clean, green. I'm guessing it's the same worldwide.
    The levels we have are summer missionary, basic, TCE 1, TCE 2 and advanced. It's a wonderful place.

    ~ Leah

    ReplyDelete