Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Monday, February 20, 2012

In This His Grace is Sufficient

I have yet to do this, but I thought tonight I would share with you a direct entry from The Journal of Jon. It relates much to yesterday's post:


          I wanted to journal quickly before I returned to studying. In Business we have a test tomorrow. Today I didn't feel like I accomplished much. I felt disoriented, frustrated at times, inefficient, and a little pressed by the demands of school and voice lessons and work. However, yesterday's sermon has been lingering in my mind the past [36] hours or so: "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). Indeed, as He promised, His grace is sufficient. I'm struggling with shying away from others. How I want to share my life with them, but I feel as though my past motives have ruined everything; in this His grace is sufficient. How I long to have discipline to complete everything I need to in the time limits given; in this His grace is sufficient. How I long to be the lover and carer God so desires me to be and yet fail; in this His grace is sufficient. How I long for purity and uprightness of character and freedom of sin but fail every hour, every minute; in this His grace is sufficient. How I long to be the brother and son Jesus was and yet stumble in ignorance and pride every day; in this His grace is sufficient. Great is the faithfulness of God! Great is His mercy and compassion! They are new every morning! Great is the grace of God! In all things, His grace is sufficient - more than enough - for me.



Monday, February 20, 2012, 11:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment