Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Monday, November 12, 2012

Life in a Few Seconds

As a child I was told I had a disorder;
as a teenager I believed it.

I've gone into many places with confidence,
but I have left many of those places defeated.

There have been summers full of joy,
but the winters inevitably bring sorrow.

I have loved
and seen no return.

I have withheld love,
but I have been loved anyway.

There have been seasons of striving
and not getting.

There have been times of waiting
and finally receiving.

Prayers have been offered
and have been answered.

When no prayers were offered,
my needs were still met.

Some prayers were never answered as I had prayed;
some prayers I never prayed were answered.



You may run,
but you cannot hide.

You can fake,
but you cannot deceive.

Sometimes I do not see,
but many times I perceive.



Love is better than life;
living is Christ.

Love is as strong as death;
dying is gain.



And all of God's people will know it when we see our Savior face to face, run to Him, fall at His feet, and worship Him.

"The chief end of God is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."

"The chief end of man is to glorify God by enjoying Him forever."

For "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."



All quotes by John Piper.
Scripture references: Psalm 63:3; Philippians 1:21; Song of Solomon 8:6.

No comments:

Post a Comment