Christian Hedonism

"God is most glorified in us
when we are most satisfied in Him."
~John Piper

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Living Well is Hard

What is life? On a tangible level, what should living look like?

For some reason, I don't think our lives should be basically easy. Perhaps an accurate gauge of where we are spiritually is an assessment of how we struggle. Some good questions to ask:
- Is my struggle leading me to prayer?
- Am I still yearning for the Word of God?
- Is this difficulty causing me to love others more?
- How am I changing?
- Am I being led to a greater obedience of God's Word?
- Am I thanking God for this?

And of course there are several others. The key is that we ask questions that will cause us to see where our struggles are taking us. From seeing such, we must observe that which is beneficial and resolve to change that which is not. Make your struggle worth it.

This is something I am personally learning right now. Perhaps now more than ever I am being challenged to simply obey. Many difficulties are complicated - this isn't. All at once, I'm faced with multiple decisions on obedience to the word of God. And it's changing me... for the good. My comfort zone is diminishing.

So take heart. Put your head down, and just obey. Never waste your hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment